Love in Flower takes pride in delivering the freshest, highest-quality flowers. Our florists are often asked how to keep them looking beautiful as long as possible. Luckily, just a little extra care can make a big difference.
Most arrangements will last from four to seven days or longer depending on the type of flowers included and the level of care they receive. Here are a few helpful tips for keeping those blossoms looking healthy and vibrant for you to enjoy.
- 1. Remove any leaves below the waterline. Leaves in the water promote bacterial growth, which will cause the flowers to wilt quickly.
- 2. Using garden shears, make a diagonal cut from the end of the stem. A diagonal cut offers a larger surface area, so the flowers can drink nutrients from the water easily.
- 3. Add a bit of fresh water daily. When the water in the vase becomes cloudy, it's time to change it. Empty and clean the vase, add fresh water, and replace the flowers. Giving your flowers a clean environment will keep them happy and ward off bacterial growth.
- 4. Avoid placing your flowers where heating or cooling vents can blow air on them. Areas directly under ceiling fans or on top of appliances that give off heat (like older televisions, radiators, etc.), will cause your flowers to dry out and wilt more quickly.
- 5. Place away from direct sunlight. It may seem counterintuitive, but your flowers will maintain their freshness much longer if they’re not overheated.
We value all the emotions flowers can make us feel – excited, sentimental, appreciated, loved. Help the feeling last longer by taking care of your arrangement and keeping it looking it’s freshest for days on end. Have other questions about your flowers? Feel free to contact us or call our professional florists at 609-261-3866. We're happy to pass along the information you need.